Monday, August 27, 2012

best rule I ever made

This little rule "no tv before 9:00" was the best house rule I ever made. Seriously. It made our summer a teensy bit more peaceful. I swear. The kids used to sneak downstairs while I was in the shower and turn on Disney or PBS and then it was next to impossible to get them away from the screen for breakfast, getting dressed, whatever. But then they learned about the rule and they would actually eat! No more soggy cereal bowls on the counter!

Now there were a couple times when they would be watching the clock to turn on the tv, secretly, me too. Sometimes you just need a break, ya know?  But on the whole it was pure genius on my part. It was heavenly to eat breakfast in somewhat peace (does anyone else get sick of that man talking on Disney channel between shows?) and quiet. Most days the kids would eat and then... go play!  **cue angels singing "ahhhh"**

You'd think with all this peace and quiet, I could have blogged a little more. Man have I been lame or what? The kids have some kind of computer radar. As soon as I sit down, they are all over me wanting me to look something up, find games for them to play or just reading over my shoulder (how annoying!) so I just kind of had to give up. That's ok, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things.

No comments: