Monday, August 24, 2009

back to school

My baby girl went to first grade today. OMG! How can that be? I am feeling so sad, I just know it will feel like tomorrow when she is graduating from high school. I pray that her teacher is nice and will love her for the glorious girl she is. I pray that no one is mean to her or says anything to hurt her. I pray that she learns and thrives. I pray that she eats her lunch instead of talking to the girls at her table. I pray that she is safe on her bus rides to and from school. I pray that she comes home and gives me a big hug. I need it.


On a much lighter note...

I made her teacher a back to school gift, we took it to the Open House so she wouldn't have to carry it on the bus. I covered a six pack soda carrier with patterned paper and scrapbook embellishments. I filled it with pens, pencils, gum, m&m's (of course), hand sanitizer and lotion, and a matching notepad. It was so cute. I wish I had a picture of it (again, my computer is not taking any new pictures) to share. I used coupons to buy all the goodies and the carrier was left over from one of our own so this was a very economical gift.
These are the ones I made for the preschool teachers, they only held four items but you get the idea. I have been saving these carriers in the hopes of making gifts for others. They are really quick to put together and I think they look good when complete.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everything will be great. I love the organizer. I need to make one for Maddie's teacher.