Monday, August 10, 2009

I am venting so beware...

Why does Sports Illustrated for KIDS have an ad with the race car driver, Danika (sorry about the spelling?) in sexy black leather, hair blowing in the wind, saying, "body by milk" in it? What?! My kids are looking for this magazine for role models and this is what is included? Shame on SI for KIDS and shame on the Got Milk people. I won't be renewing this subscription. Grrr....

AND (told you I was venting) why does a size 6/6x tank top for Zoe have a shelf bra sewn in? Hello? She is 6 and not anywhere near ready for a bra of any kind! Are fashion designers/manufacturers trying to encourage our girls to grow up faster, making it "cool" to have a bra in your shirt? Well, just to show them how dumb they are, I cut that dang thing out, Zoe said it was "bugging" her and she said, "mommy, I don't need this, I don't have big girl chest." Amen girlie, crazy, a 6 year old has it more together than adults making clothes. Grrr...

1 comment:

Murillo Family said...

Totally agree on both points!