Wednesday, September 16, 2009

it really works

You know how you hear (or read) tips or shortcuts and you think, "that probably doesn't work!" Well here are two that I have tested and can say they do work!

underarm stains on white shirts:
I mixed a paste of warm water and Oxyclean and applied it to my hubby's $90 (! ridiculous, I agree) white dress shirt. I let it set for about 30 minutes then washed it in warm water with my regular detergent. The stains are gone. Honestly. I was so glad that we didn't have to throw this one out. I can't tell you how many times I watched that infomercial, haven't we all?

exercising while playing:
OK, I love to exercise. I love running (even if my bladder doesn't cooperate- dang three pregnancies!) and pumping iron in the gym but I have barely had time to do so lately. So I have been trying to get my exercising points in through some non-traditional ways. I have been playing with Parker a lot since Zoe is back to school all day. He is a sports nut so playing with him involves balls of some kind usually. Two days ago we played tennis for so long my arm hurts, no joke! Yesterday it was kicking the soccer ball. This morning my (ahem) glutes hurt so bad I can hardly sit down. All these sore muscles must me I was working them out. Yeah me!

No comments: