Tuesday, September 29, 2009

kid's art cabinet

Just a little reorg project for me...
This is our art cabinet. It holds the "everyday" supplies I let the kids use for crafts and art. I have "special" supplies that are housed in a closet too, that only get pulled out for those times when they are about to kill each other and I need a really effective distraction. I pray my neighbors don't read this post because I seriously swiped this cabinet from their trash a few years ago. I began painting it white and my hubby helped me finish it, hence the doors and inside are not all the way painted, anyway... This thing gets pretty trashed regularly so I have been wanting to rework it for a while. I finished about two weeks ago and took the pictures and everything but I just forgot to blog it. One of my gal pals recently shared her craft cabinet redo and it reminded me to do the same (thanks Sarah!). It always amazes me how relieved I feel after some sorting, labeling, and purging. And did I mention, the kids love it!? It's been two weeks and I have not had to slam the doors shut or scream about the mess spilling all over the floor. Here it is before, not too terrible, just a little crammed... geez I really need to paint that other door!
After. I used paper trays, plastic drawers, the same milk crate and a magazine holder. Oh, and those cool hooks that stick on for their clipboards.

3 comments:

Becca said...

lookin' good! I need some inspiration for our art supplies...it just gets impossibly messy at our house, but I hate for them not to have them! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristin said...

Looks wonderful, Jenny. I need to get started on some re-org projects around here too.

Sarah said...

ok-you have inspired me. the art cabinet is next on my list. Way to go on the scale-the number keeps changing-you rock! post a picture of your new figure-I need some inspiration in that area too! :)