Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tea Party Birthday

If you have a girly girl diva like I do, I highly recommend a tea party birthday. You probably have most of the supplies on hand around your house so it can be relatively inexpensive. Zoe was set on having a tea party this year ever since she went to the American Girl store this past summer. We played games like "hot tea" (basically hot potato), tea party pictionary, toss the sugar cubes (one lump or two?) into a giant tea cup, and of course, crafts galore. We even danced the Hokey Pokey and Macarena. Zoe loved this party and I had fun getting all the girly stuff ready. I think I could have gone really crazy but we had an open house the very next day so I had to keep it kind of low-key.

Here is the table before I put everything on it, I love using curly ribbon on our chandeliers for parties, easy but pretty.
The Divalicious One herself
OK so the picture doesn't do this one justice, it is a giant tea cup made of a plastic popcorn bowl, a serving tray and some red duct tape. (I love colored duct tape! You can use it for lots of party things, oh the possibilities are endless!) I ducted taped the bowl to the tray so it wouldn't fall off, by the way. We used this to hold boas before passing them out, those things are messy! And it was used for tossing sugar cubes.
Chex Mix in cupcake holders makes them so much more yummy!
I made these cupcake picks myself using stamps and ribbon. I love them. I always use my Pampered Chef decorator for cupcakes, don't they look pretty? We also had tiny sandwiches and fruit kabobs using pretty toothpicks. The girls really seemed to like being all girly, they really got into the whole silliness of being "proper."

No comments: