Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas cards

My Christmas cards have been mailed out and I am enjoying getting a few everyday. I just love getting Christmas cards. My friend told me it's like a stack of love everyday. I have to agree. I just love seeing the designs people picked out to send this year. I love the photo cards, especially the ones of people I don't get to see very often, it is amazing how much kids grow each year. I love homemade cards. I even love the ones that have a newsletter, again especially from those people I don't get to see very often. I have had two cards returned back to me because they are outdated addresses. I am not sure how I don't have the current ones but I found a neat way to find current addresses, yellow book.com. It's pretty easy to navigate this site and I found the addresses I needed. I wish I could find a site that includes people not listed in the phone book... I guess that would defeat their purpose for being unlisted! I also have been referring to our photo album that holds all the old photo cards people have sent us, to see the changes in all our friend's families over the years. I found that my kids love to look at it also. I only keep it out during the holidays so it's fresh and new (and it doesn't get destroyed). It's a fun way to organize all those photo cards. I just cut off the unnecessary part (like the snowman graphic) so it's small enough to fit in my album and glue/tape it (using scrapbooking tape) to the photo album page. I write the names and the year and it's done. Simple and easy and probably the most looked at scrapbook in my house! I can't wait for my stack of love to arrive tomorrow...

No comments: