Monday, December 10, 2007

Party overload

Three parties in 4 days, all at my house. Yep, I am insane. It's official. My playgroup (just moms and kids) came to play on Thursday, not technically a party. But I still had to clean, bake, etc. So I am counting it as a party. Friday night, our playgroup had a holiday get-together, this time moms, dads, and kids. We had a blast, sampling food, chasing the kids out of areas they were not supposed to be, and chatting. This was a real party with more cleaning, cooking, etc. Sunday night, my husband's assistants and their spouses came over for a holiday dinner cooked by myself. More cleaning and cooking, but no kids. My munchkins went to Gigi's for the duration of this party. I must say, that it was a crazy, blurred, busy weekend. It was fun and exhausting all at the same time. I am officially in recovery from too much partying. I do not want to cook or clean anymore. I do not want to do the 12 loads of laundry that I didn't get to this weekend. I do not want to put away the borrowed china and serving pieces. I just want to veg out on the couch and sleep. Thank goodness, the Hills season finale is on tonight, so I can at least relax for a few minutes. Mental note to self: do not have three parties in four days ever again. I have to go and organize all my new hostess gifts (thanks all) and put away that china before my kids find a way to break it all.

No comments: