Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ooops, he did it again

So on Sunday, we had to take Parker to get stitches again. This makes our third time taking him for stitches in a year. I am worried Children's Services is going to come and take me away. How did he bonk his head again? That remains a mystery to us. During our Thanksgiving meal (a week later), he and Zoe go into the bedroom at my mom's condo, a mere 30 feet from the table, and about 3 seconds later (about 3 bites of stuffing) we hear the screams. I jump up from the table and it looked like Freddy Kruger had been hiding in the closet and attacked Parker's face. There was blood everywhere! I screamed for someone to bring me towels (why when these things happen do they happen where someone has white carpet by the way?) and after cleaning him up a little we decided to take him for stitches. My mom said there was an Urgent Care right down the street. Driving in the pouring down rain, we find that Urgent Care is closed. OK, now what? Paul is wanting to find a Walgreens to get butterfly band aids, all the while I'm thinking my son is going to be gooshing blood all night and have another scar on his cute little mug. We find another Urgent Care not too far away and they hesitantly stitch Parker right up. I think the doctor was more nervous than we were, after all we've done this twice already. Parker is a little champ, he just lays there looking at everything. He is a cool customer.So my organized mommy tip for today: pay attention to those "H" hospital signs on the road, you never know when you might need one.

No comments: