Monday, November 26, 2007

Deck the halls

So now that Thanksgiving is done, everything is going to be kicking into high gear soon. There's going to be presents to wrap (and buy), cookies to make, cards to mail, parties to attend (and host), and who knows what else will come along. One thing I have found myself having to make time for is repairing all the stuff that gets broken this time of year. Those fragile ornaments and figurines don't stand a chance around my house. We put our Christmas tree up and the first ornament I gave Zoe to put on the tree smashed to the floor sending glittery shards of glass everywhere. Now did we learn from this? NO, I proceeded to give her three more bulbs and smash, crash, kerplunk, they all broke. OK, I remained calm, I didn't yell, although I wanted to, I just started giving her the plastic or wooden ornaments. So here comes Parker, by golly he's gonna break one too, he finds a little bear holding a basketball and I think he can do it, it's plastic. Oh yeah, he did it all right, he pulled that basketball right off the bear. "Baball mommy" and hands it to me. Thanks buddy. So my organizing tip for families of young children, buy a couple bottles of super glue. Be ready to stay up late watching TV holding pieces of your favorite ornaments and decorations together waiting for the glue to set. Have fun decorating!

No comments: