Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful

It's that time of year when my husband makes us go around the table and say what we are thankful for. Most everyone groans and moans but really we should be comfortable talking about the things we value, things we are proud of, moments that make us happy. So of course, I am trying to prepare my answer ahead of time, I love to organize, even my thoughts! The obvious things always come to mind first: my family and their health, our home, our happiness and contentment, a safe place to live, the right to free speech, I could go on. The things I am really thankful for are those little moments that might otherwise be forgotten. When Parker says, "Zo Zo bed, shhh" (in the morning as he is getting out of bed, he knows Zoe is still asleep), that's pretty priceless. When Zoe tells me I'm pretty, I take that as a huge compliment coming from my 4 year old fashionista. When Paul lets me watch "Antiques Roadshow" instead of his HGTV gardening shows, I know it's true love. So trying to say what I'm thankful for is a little harder than I thought, I still have one more night to get my thoughts organized! An organizing tip for today: write down what everyone in your family is thankful for, save it to read next year at your Thanksgiving feast and compare answers. (Maybe keep with your family calendar or tucked in with your Thanksgiving decorations so it won't get lost.) Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: