Monday, November 12, 2007

Just around the corner...

Well everywhere I go it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. That stirs up excitement and anxiety. There are so many fun things I want to do this Christmas, go see Santa with the kids, bake goodies, craft with Zoe, watch Christmas movies, all that and more. But I know that sometimes my body can't keep up with all my brain wants to do. I have been trying to be on top of things. This year I made my own Christmas cards, they are done (I started on them in August), yeah me! Hopefully, I'll have the envelopes ready soon and they'll be mailed quickly. I am crafting a few gifts for friends and family this year and some projects are complete while some are still in the beginning phases. So I am really trying to get things done early this year so I can really spend time doing the fun stuff as Dec. 25th approaches. Something I did today that I think might help me to be more organized is to gather up all my wrapping supplies. I put them in a big rubber tote so I can carry them to my kitchen island or work on the floor of my bedroom in front of the TV when I want to wrap (gonna try to wrap early too... we'll see). I thought this would be a great way to take inventory of what I have and what I need (might need some more tape!) so I won't be tempted to buy stuff while I'm out doing my shopping. Those end caps at the stores are very tempting and Target, Walmart, Home Depot and Loews already have all their holiday gear by the front doors, just begging to be bought. Nope, they aren't going to get me this year, I'm so on the ball, at least for now anyway!

No comments: