Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's getting colder

So it's getting colder here in our little part of the world. This morning when I took the dog out for a walk it was 36 degrees. And that's about 50 degrees colder than I like. I still haven't figured out why I live here as opposed to somewhere tropical where it is always warm. I really do not like winter. Actually, winter is pretty, snow and ice look beautiful from the warmth of my home. So I should correct myself and say, I do not like to be cold. When I do have to go out in the frigid air, I pile on as many layers that will permit me to move, not quite as many as that kid in "A Christmas Story" movie ("I can't put my arms down!"). My husband jokes that I walk around in full military gear. But like I said, being cold makes me grumpy. So as I was putting on my sweatshirt, fleece pull-over, gloves, scarf, hat, and slipper socks (over regular socks) it made me think of a good organizing tip to share. I put a basket for each of us in our coat closet, labeled with our names of course, and that is where we keep our cold weather accessories. It makes it convenient being able to grab my gloves and not having to sort through every one's. We don't have a mud room in which to put the cute cubbies from Pottery Barn (don't I wish!) so our coat closet is where they are housed as of now. At least when I do have to brave the elements I can find what I need quickly. Brrrr!

No comments: