Thursday, January 22, 2009

crummy creations

I have been keeping a small basket on my desk for a while that holds teeny scraps of ribbon and paper, maybe a random sticker or brad. It's not that I am too lazy to put them away or too distracted to throw them away. It's just that I hate to throw away scraps I used in recent layouts or projects. I figure I liked them enough to use them once, they aren't trash worthy. About once a month (or so) I clean out my basket and make cards with the scraps. Surprisingly, they usually turn out really cool. Most of the supplies match (since I used them in a previous project) and it forces me to be creative. I thought I was so ingenious until I recently saw in a professional organizational book that another scrapping lady calls this her "crumbs" basket. She does the same thing! I guess great minds think alike. Hee hee! So don't throw your crumbs away either, unless you just can't stand the mess, they might just be worth a card or two.

OK, sorry about the bad lighting in these photos and the fact that they are showing holiday cards... these are two of my latest "crummy" creations using leftover holiday paper (punched in tiny squares), snowflake stickers, and a couple rub-ons, and my own printing.

No comments: