Saturday, June 6, 2009

ain't goin' down til the sun comes up

Being a mom of three takes "tired" to a whole new level. God was no dummy when he made babies all cute and squishy. It makes it easier to like them when they are waking you up all night long for months and months. (Coincidentally, toddlers/preschoolers/little kids in general are quite adorable... when they are sleeping, all angelic and peaceful...) I noticed I have a tiered tolerance level for waking up in the middle of the night that is reflected in my vocabulary, it progessively gets more and more vulgar, the more tired I am and the later in the evening (or earlier in the morning- depending on how you look at it) it gets...

first feeding: "shh, here I am sweetie" said in a nice tone
second feeding: "ugh, comin'" feelin' tired now
third feeding: "oh, Lordy" groaning as I speak
fourth feeding: "f---" mumbling and grumbling

Good thing my baby is such a cutie pie! I really can't get mad at him for waking me up so often. Now, should we talk about my hubby who "sleeps" through this whole process, oblivious to the whole thing?! Maybe some other time ;)

No comments: