Tuesday, June 9, 2009

weighing in news

pounds lost last week: 3.4!
my total so far: 27
Holy cow! I was so excited at my meeting I actually "whooped and hollered." I didn't expect it to be that much, I was hoping for 1.5. I tried to think back to what might be the reason behind such a big number and besides walking the hills of my neighborhood, doing my Gilad hell-workouts that I DVR on Fit-tv, I have been watering all my flowers twice a day. I guess lugging all those gallons of water from the rain barrel all over our yard is helping me burn some extra calories. I don't care, I'll take it. Yeah me!

Just a side note: sure I am thrilled about my weight loss but my body is still not where I want it to be. Went to try on some clothes last week and it was not fun, kind of felt like those gals on "What not to wear" it was stressful. I had a limited amount of time and budget to shop and it was impossible to find anything that looked right. I guess it has been a long time since I bought clothes, none of the sizes made sense and the loose style that is "in" right now just makes me feel like I am still pregnant. Tried on bathing suits, I must have been feeling really brave, did not buy one, ugh! I'll try again later...

1 comment:

Murillo Family said...

WOW! You go, Girl! About the clothes-I had the same clothes trying experience a few days ago, then tried again yesterday and success! I went for fitted tops at the waist and slim shorts (bermuda length mostly). And you can never go wrong with a sundress. Don't give up-go for the "classics".