Tuesday, March 24, 2009

hooked on Chuck

My new love... some navy blue Chuck Taylors. I have wanted some for just about forever. My sweet hubby got them for me for Christmas (actually, I said, "here is what I want and they have them at Zappos") and I haven't worn them yet because I couldn't fit in any of my jeans, I think they just have to be worn with jeans. Well, I finally squeezed into a pair of jeans, not my cute skinny ones, but a pair nonetheless, and I couldn't wait to wear my new kicks. Oooh, boy, do I love them. I have had the generic ones (from Target) before and I would not splurge on the real thing, I always thought, why should I get them, I'll not wear them enough to justify paying $40 bucks. Let me just tell you, they are so worth it. I am loving them, just enough funk to be hip, not crazy enough to be dressing too trendy. It is amazing how something like new shoes can cure the blues! I temporarily forget that since I am always in frugal mommy mode, looking to save money and putting everyone else's needs before my own, seems like someone else always needs some shoes too. Well, look out, I might just get myself another pair for summer! Eeeeh! I'm hooked.

BTW- I am down another 1.8 pounds (almost 2 ;) ) thanks Weight Watchers, my total loss so far is 10.8, yeah me! Just love bragging on these weigh ins.

No comments: