Friday, March 20, 2009

life isn't fair

It's funny how the saying, "life isn't fair" can take on different meanings at different times in your life.

When I was 5, life wasn't fair because I didn't get a Barbie Dream house for Christmas, I got the townhouse with the elevator instead because it took up less room in our teeny apartment.

When I was 16, I didn't get an orange 1974 Corvette Stingray convertible, life wasn't fair, I got a four-door hand-me-down sensible car that was the same make and model as my grandma's.

When I was 23, I didn't get offered a job my first week out of college, life wasn't fair because I had to wait until the week before school started to land my first teaching job.

This week I felt like saying, "life isn't fair" because my 3 year old was finally wearing big boy underwear and doing a really good job when he got the stomach flu. I don't like to be negative or pessimistic but boy did it seem like cruel joke on me when I had to change his undies 11 times in one day! Poor boy, he really was trying so hard and now it seems like a big set back. So for now, I am having my own little woe is me moment and I feel like saying, "life just isn't fair!"

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Big hugs, Jenny. Look at it this way: He'll be in underwear by the time he is 16-for SURE! :)