Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CVS success

I've been following a bunch of coupon blogs for a while trying to save a buck, you know me, always the frugal one! Most of them report big savings at CVS and Walgreens. I would agree that these stores do have great sales and deals but honestly I find myself so busy running around like a crazy person that I don't have time to take advantage of the savings. For the last couple months, I have been slowly coordinating trips to CVS and Walgreens with my photo developing (taking a lot with my cutie pie baby) and diaper runs (lots of those too). Today I had what I consider to be a perfect example of saving lots of money using a little preplanning/organization.

Here is what I bought:
1 Pantene shampoo
1 Pantene conditioner
1 Pantene hair gel
1 Pantene hair spray
1 pack of Viva paper towels (my absolute favorite brand, hands down!)
1 small bag of Doritos (bribe for Parker to be good)
1 pack of Trident gum (only because I had to get to a certain dollar amount)

Here is what I spent: $1.04!!! I am not kidding people! My receipt says: "you saved $33.28" at the bottom.

I took advantage of the sales on the shampoo and conditioner (buy 2 for 7 dollars), I had a coupon for $3 off the purchase of two. I had two coupons for a free styling product when you bought the shampoo and conditioner. I used a .60 coupon on the paper towels. Then I used my reward bucks (loyalty coupons to redeem from past purchases) that totalled $13.50. I had so many coupons and CVS bucks I had to spend a dollar (hence the gum) to get to use them all! AND I got another $6 in CVS bucks back to spend on my next visit. Yee haw! I swear saving money gets me higher than a hippie at a Grateful Dead show. I am so excited, just love getting good deals!

Good blogs on Blogger for coupon tips:
Frugal Coupon Living
Surviving the Stores

1 comment:

Murillo Family said...

WOW! I am speechless...