Monday, April 6, 2009

Go Reds!


In honor of Opening Day today a picture of my baby wearing his first baseball hat! I am sooooo.... excited for baseball season to begin. I have been a lifelong Cincinnati Reds fan and despite their lackluster seasons as of late, I get the ballgame bug every April. Today, I will be glued to the local news watching the parade through Findlay Market and the game afterwards. My favorite local cutie pie, Nick Lachey is throwing out the first pitch and I definitely don't want to miss that. There is just something magical about a baseball game. I'm not sure if it is the crack of the bats, roar of the crowd, the smell of hot dogs, standing up to do the "wave," the organ playing or just relaxing for a few hours in the heat, but I can't get enough of major league baseball. I think maybe it is because it evokes some of my happiest childhood memories or maybe it's just those tight white pants they wear! Opening Day is the official start of warm weather fun around here and everyone gets in the spirit. It's a kind of rebirth, after the cold long winter, everyone is excited for summer and the hope of a winning season. I can't wait to go to a game.

No comments: