Tuesday, April 14, 2009

weighing in news

So I don't have a photo to share but I will share my news... I just reached one of my Weight Watchers goals... I got my 10% key chain today! That means I lost 10% of my body weight. I am super excited. I was literally bouncing in my chair, I couldn't wait for the leader to ask if anyone had any successes to share. I felt like a kindergartner who knows the answer to her teacher's question, my hand shot up in the air and it took all I had not to say, "ooo ooo ooo" like that Horshak kid on "Welcome Back Kotter." I missed my normal meeting because of another thing we had to do so I went this morning (with the intent of just to weigh in and go home, Parker was really, really crabby) and I was half way there when I realized I forgot my pass and book. I thought, I'll just go home, forget it, Parker was crying and a wreck from our late night. So I went home, the whole way, mad at myself for being so disorganized. When I pulled in my driveway, "I said, just go, get it over with, you'll have to start over anyway," I got my book and said, "I'll just weigh in since I had the boys all strapped in the van, I won't stay for the meeting." I fully expected to gain this week because of the Easter dinner, candy and general lack of time to hit the treadmill. When the receptionist said I lost 2.4 and I hit my 10% I let out a yelp. Kind of a woo hoo actually. I came home and put my new key chain, a small token to remind me of my journey this far, on my keys and I can't stop looking at it. Funny how a little thing can mean so much.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to go, Jenny! So proud of you!

Satunas4 said...

Way to go Jenny!!!!!! That is awesome.... I've been doing a diet thing lately too. I'm super excited to tell you I'm almost down 30lbs... WoohOO!!! Way to go Jenny & Bobbi Jo!!!

Sarah said...

That is AWESOME! I am weeks away from the reality of having to shed the weight-you have already inspired me!

Unknown said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy!