Friday, April 24, 2009

the five of us

Here we are... a newspaper photographer came to our house to take pictures of us and this is what was printed. Why was he here you ask? My hubby has accepted a new principal job and the newspaper felt he deserved a proper sendoff, as he does. He is quite beloved at his current school and students and staff are sad to see him leave. Now how does this affect me? Well, our house is currently for sale and if it sells we'll be packing up and moving. Probably what I consider to be an organizer's (like me) biggest challenge. Honestly, this is a wonderful opportunity for Paul, a great school district with chances to advance and long-term stability, a true top-notch place, it is an honor for him to be chosen to lead their school. And as an added bonus, it is a great district for our own children to attend. I could go on forever about how stressed I am trying to keep the house neat and tidy for showings, and how much I dread the thought of finding a new home, new friends, new schools, how emotional I am about moving, how mad I am that I just now feel like our house is "homey" and now we have to leave, how I cry when I go in my closet (I know I'll never have another like it), how I cry when I see all the trees we have planted in our yard, how I cry about this change in general, etc. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy this photo and the beautiful family it shows (despite my bad hair) how all of us gather around the kitchen for stories, snacks, and more.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! First your hair and the rest of you looks just lovely in this picture :) Where are you moving????? AHHH what a change, and your house is for sale-wow. I need a few more details :)

Unknown said...

I am with Sarah you look great. What a cute family! I also would like more info. Good luck on the great adventure ahead of you.

Satunas4 said...

Ok Jenny, we get that u are moving. But where are you moving too??? We need more info. Congrats to Paul!!! And as for the picture, It's beautiful and you look GREAT!!!!