Wednesday, December 2, 2009

watchin' my weight Wednesday

I keep this little basket of goodies on my counter all the time (except when we are having a house showing!). It contains my 3 month journal where I track everything, my points calculator (which I also keep in my purse for shopping days), a pen, and my pocket guide and food companion that holds all the points values for foods. Now this is specific to my weight loss program (Weight Watchers) but I think any thing you need to help you in your healthy lifestyle should be front and center. I think if you need a menu plan, a motivating picture, the food guide pyramid, Jillian and Bob from "The Biggest Loser", whatever is the key for you, don't hide it. Keep it visible and unforgettable. I keep my scale and measuring cups and spoons handy. I keep cookbooks and recipes within arms reach. Out of sight is definitely out of mind for me. This might be particularly helpful this time of year. Just because Santa is fat and jolly doesn't mean we all have to be as well, fat that is.

P.S. Doesn't everything look better in a Longaberger basket?!

1 comment: