Yesterday my family went on a riverboat ride in Cincinnati to celebrate a special birthday for my mom. She will be embarrassed if I tell you how old she is but it was a special one. I loved the boat ride. We went about 10 years ago and it was just as good now as it was then.
I love love love Cincinnati. As much as I hate Ohio (the winter, and lack of outdoor activities that do not involve consuming beer, how we are always referred to as "Battleground State!"), I do love Cincy.
Perfect weather. I've run across this bridge a few times for races. You never realize that bridges have inclines, until you are running on them!
The Bengals were playing. Whodey! Whoop! I want to go to a game now.
My cutie. The rest of my clan was running around the boat like maniacs. I was sitting. For two hours. I never do that! It was bliss.Stuff I am doing this week:
You'll see some repeats from last week, I guess I thought I'd have more time than I really did.
- finishing a mini album for Asher
- beginning/continuing our vacation scrapbook
- ordering some holiday gifts (aren't you proud of me? I'm trying to be on the ball!)
- mailing a gift to my cutie nephew for his birthday
- reorganizing my downstairs pantry and basket storage
- cleaning up some old emails (why do I save them? they just make me feel icky)
my menus for this week:
boring, because after the crazy busy weekend I had, I ran to the store and grabbed what I could in the least amount of time
- baked chicken/tofu and salads
- sausages/veggie sausages and saurkraut and potatoes, corn on the cobb
- spaghetti and salad and homemade bread
- veggie soup and sandwiches on breadmaker rolls
- sweet and sour chicken/tofu stir fry
- vegan pumpkin muffins
Have a great week. If you are ever in Cincinnati, take a ride on the riverboats. If nothing else to just sit down for a few hours. It is pure heaven.