Monday, July 21, 2008

what a relief

I am all for civic duty and being a good citizen and all that stuff but I have to say, I am feeling a huge weight off my shoulders for something I don't have to do... serve jury duty. About two months ago I got a summons to be on the grand jury (the ones who decide if a trial should take place or not, not determining guilt/innocence) and I must say I was not liking that one teeny bit. It's not that I don't want to serve, in fact I think it would be an interesting thing to participate in, I like learning new things, but it was for three weeks! I don't know any stay at home mom (or other moms for that matter) who can get reliable child care for three weeks! There was no way my husband could take off, he can barely make it home for my ob visits. So, I was totally stressed about how I was going to be excused. I wore my most obvious looking preggo shirt today and hoped they'd take one look at me and say, "no way, that chick is going to have to pee every 10 minutes" (which by the way is true)! Thankfully, there were enough people who volunteered to serve and I didn't have to get questioned by the judge as to why I could not serve. I left that courtroom in such a hurry I think there was smoke coming off my feet! Honestly, I hope I get called again someday (in about 10 years or so, when my munchkins are older) because I would like to participate and learn. Another example of my true nerdiness!

No comments: