Thursday, July 24, 2008

Zoe

How can it be that my baby girl is riding her bike without training wheels? Paul has been trying to get her to ride for about a year and she's tried a few times with no success. Last night, she said, "I'm going to ride without my training wheels." And she did. With only a few minor bumps and bruises, she was navigating our driveway and the grass. She hasn't ventured out onto the sidewalk yet, she said she would "later." We stayed outside really late just letting her practice and she was so proud of herself. We were too of course. I was glad I had my sunglasses on to hide my tears, I can't believe she is growing up so fast.



On another Zoe note, we have worked out a plan together to clean her room and get it organized for the start of the school year. I had her draw a "map" (basically a picture) of her room. Together, we are going to clean one thing a day (yesterday we cleaned her desk) and throw away all junk/trash (the girl keeps every scrap of paper she finds!) and put other things where they go. After we clean each thing (dresser, bookcase, under the bed, etc.) we are going to cross it off the map. When all things are crossed off, she gets to go to Target and pick out a toy or similar item (I suggested a Leapster game or CD). She is pretty stoked to do this and so far there has been no complaining. Although when I suggested donating some of her unused toys, she said "no way, I have to save them for the new baby in case it is a girl! I will keep them in my room until she is old enough to have them, so she doesn't choke." See how smart she is? She is appealing to my mommy sense and keeping things at the same time, if her teenage years are going to be anything like the preschool years, I am in BIG trouble!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go Zoe!!!! No training wheels is a BIG deal. There is no doubt that Zoe is going to be a organized girl just like mommy. So glad to be reading your blog again :)

Satunas4 said...

Way to go Zoe!!! It's great that you want to keep toys for (maybe) your new little sister... Jenny you do such a great job blogging. I just love to read your blog.. All of these kids are growing up way to fast!!!!