Tuesday, February 24, 2009

cookbook purging

It always starts innocently... my organizing/purging/cleaning habit (some might call it obsession!) that is. I have been looking for my manual to our automatic bread machine for a couple weeks because I thought it might have some recipes in it. (Zoe is dying to use it and I cannot find the pre-made mixes anywhere!) So I took all my cookbooks out of the cabinet to see if it was stuck in one of them. This explains the big mess on my counter you see. I did not find the manual (I am guessing it has been trashed since I have searched every logical location) but I thought since they're all on the counter I might as well go through them. I found that I had a lot of cookbooks that I didn't use. This was not new information to me, I knew I had some that needed to go but they're so pretty and I was keeping them for some sentimental value. Well, I forced myself to admit I probably won't use some of these and I am proud to say I whittled my collection down to about 13 or 14 of my favorite cookbooks. I had 21 (I think I counted correctly) that are in my give-away box! Some of these, I had never even used once! What a waste! I hope someone else stumbles across them and puts them to good use. For now, I'll stick with my tried and true favorites adding in new recipes as I discover them from friends, the Internet, or television. Do you have cookbooks you don't use? Come on, you know you do!

No comments: