Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Is trying to sell our house really worth it?

Sometimes I just get so mad. (I just realized I sound like Little Critter so I don't know if that is an effective statement of my current state of mind or not!)

I had planned to do a massive laundry catch up day. You know the kind where there is laundry all over the house, piles and baskets everywhere.

I wanted to try a new recipe for "turtle bars", how can you go wrong with toffee, nuts, and chocolate?

I wanted to reorganize my coupons (and take pictures to share my process here).

I wanted to scrapbook a few layouts and make a birthday card for a friend.

I envisioned cleaning off my desk from the weekend's house showings.

I thought I might even watch "The Help" since I have been dying to do so since I finished the book a year ago.

Then, they called. Twice. Two different people.

The rude realtors who ruin my life every time they call. And make me turn into the grumpiest person alive.

I have to put my life on hold.

Clean house for strangers who don't care about it. Clean, all night long. Because no matter how clean and tidy it was for yesterday's showing, it is inevitably a mess now. Six people live here. Life is messy with six people.

I have to find things to do with my kids and my dog while the strangers come into my house and then decide they don't like it after all. All the while still doing my regular life things (doctor visits for my baby, basketball practice, school bus stops, homework, meals, nursing a baby, all that.) It just stinks.

I just get so mad.

Sorry to be all complain-y and woe is me, I guess my food week bonanza will have to wait. Two showings tomorrow in between a doctor's appointment, and basketball practice and LIFE, hopefully, I will return with good news.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Jenny, that has got to be incredibly frustrating! I've never had that experience yet of selling a house. But, I've heard enough horror stories from people who have that it's not something I look forward to...at all!

So, I'm curious...because I don't remember if you wrote about this before or not, but why are you guys selling? Do you have a different location in mind you'd like to be? Do you need something bigger? Is it work related?

Kerri said...

I feel for you. Life still goes on with all the daily stuff...while people come through your home and you have to leave and find something to do. Ugh!
However, how great would it be to have the kids start a new school in the fall...right where you want to be?! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Jen said...

Oh my...we are all gonna have a big woot woot party when that house of yours sells. Hoping tomorrow will be the day!

Kristin said...

Big hugs. I hope these are "The Ones". I hope someone finally realizes what a gem your house is. And I hope this process ends soon for you. Just think when u move you will be 45 minutes closer to me :)

Erin Deegan said...

good luck today and tomorrow. in the end, it will be worth it.... it's just hard to see it, when you're working your booty off.

Jill said...

I've been there and I know what you are saying. It's like your life literally gets put on hold! Wishing you the best with the showings and hope you will sell soon!

Blessings,
Jill

Sarah said...

I don't know if it's a waste of time, but I do know it's a major pain in the tushy! Good luck with the showings...I'll be thinking about you.