Monday, January 14, 2008

Balloon mania

Who is the big dummy who invented balloons? And who is their friend who said you should have them at parties? Saturday morning I got 3 pink, 3 purple, 1 blue (for Parker), and 1 Barbie princess mylar balloon for Zoe's party. By the time the party rolled around we had 2 pink, 2 purple, and the Barbie one left, PLUS a red one and a blue one I found in my stash and blew up with my own air after the helium ones popped. So whoever you are balloon inventor and friend who said, "oh let's use these for festivities," I am really not liking you! I could not believe that they were popping before the party even began. And Zoe would not hear of a party without balloons for goodness sake! For me, the person who thrives on everything having a place and everything in its place, old balloons bouncing all over the house drive me crazy! My kids on the other hand love them and play all kinds of fun games with them like bonk each other on the head, volleyballoon over the kitchen counter, balloon golf, and chase each other screaming like mad men with the only balloon left floating (Barbie mylar). So for now, I am going to go and retreat to the upstairs where there are no balloons, no streamers, no mess, and no noise. Ahhh, sanctuary!

No comments: