Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm back

Well Christmas is over, whew did that go fast or what? After a bout with stomach flu, parties, four Christmas celebrations (complete with presents), traveling to the in-laws, and all the running around that Christmas preparation brings I am ready for a day off. Unfortunately, no can do, my daughter is five (!) today and my husband's birthday is in 10 days. So more parties are to be had and more house guests are on the way. There is no rest for the weary. My only saving grace is that I have officially put all the Christmas decorations away. Thank you to Target and Wal-mart for having all the glorious plastic totes on sale and right in the center aisles where I can find them. No matter how well I sort and purge the Christmas stuff each year, I always have to get a tote or two. It does help me feel more organized to at least have everything put away, the rest of the house, well we just won't go there. I tried to label all my totes this year, I'll have to see if that helps me next year to unpack them all. As much as I'd love to share more tales, I think I'd better go make a banner for Zoe's birthday. Still can't believe she's five! Just a note, I woke up this morning at 4:30, right on her "birthday time". I had joked to her that I was going to wake her up then, I must have jinxed myself!

No comments: