Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A new room for Zoe

Zoe and I "redecorated" her room today. She told me she wanted a Hannah Montana room instead of her princesses (only I had to keep all the princess stuff in case she wants to switch back- her words). I'll admit I was a little sad, kind of an end to an era, the whole princess thing. Dressing up, wands, magic, etc. being replaced with sequins, rock n roll, and blonde wigs, kind of made me feel blue, my little girl is growing up. Since her room is already pink and I was not buying any new furniture she had to be creative. She made a list (I swear! Her idea, not mine!) She wanted some posters, a pillow, a lamp (we had seen one at Walmart), and a door mirror to check her rock star outfits of course. I told her we had to wait until after her birthday, it was just too overwhelming with Christmas and birthday so close together for me to even think of tackling her crazy room. So today we headed off to Walmart with her Christmas gift cards and money. We stuck to her list despite the fact that Walmart has turned into Hannah Headquarters, no joke, she's everywhere! While she was at preschool today, I transformed her room into Hannah/Miley/Ashley Tisdale (I couldn't talk her into High School Musical, she wanted Ashley only) heaven. It does look cute. I kept the princess stuff, just in case... and daddy came home and helped to hang a gauzy pink canopy over her bed. She is loving her new room so much so that I don't think she'll sleep tonight, I think she'll be staying up late posing in front of her new silver door mirror. I'll be losing sleep knowing my little girl is growing up. Sniff sniff, sigh, hmmm.

No comments: