Friday, January 18, 2008

Game time

I took the kids to see a basketball game where my husband is a principal, supportin' the team, you know? I was quickly reminded why I stay home and do home stuff while he is at all the events that take place at the high school. Within about 10 minutes both of them were climbing up and down the stairs and Parker was trying to scale the wall a' la Spiderman. OK, so I tried to set some boundaries, "you can climb here, but not here." Didn't work. The whole time I am thinking two things: 1. Parker better not get hurt requiring more stitches (it's the new year and so deductibles haven't been met yet!) 2. All these people are watching the Principal's kids be really wild saying, "uh huh, the boss's kids are always the worst." So by the time the varsity game started, I was beginning to sweat. We made it through two fast quarters (lots of running and not much fouling- thanks guys) and I was out of there. Of course, Zoe was crying because I didn't get her a treat and Parker was crying because he wanted "mo ba-ball" (more basketball). So I got them each some fries from McDonald's and enjoyed my ride home, they were quietly noshing their grub. So I just reaffirmed to myself that I will be staying home and Paul can go support the team.

No comments: