Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Woe is me

Being a mommy is such a thankless job. I have been up since 4AM with Zoe and a nasty bout of the stomach flu. The one saving grace is that she is old enough to make it to the toilet except at 4AM when she is roused from her sleep because she is sick. I was woken up by screams of "MOMMY HELP" and then when I saw her looking like a gooey zombie from "Night of the Living Dead" I wanted to scream too. So today I have been laundering all the linens from all our beds, (she somehow managed to get all of them), disinfecting all the bathrooms, mopping the floor, digging Popsicles from the bottom of the freezer, and watching Sesame Street. So here's a tip for today: call your mom and tell her "thanks" for taking care of you. She deserves it!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Someday when Zoe has her own little ones she'll be calling you to say "Thank You" :)