Friday, May 15, 2009

sharing an organizing tip- finally!

Are you buying new spring clothes? If your new shirts, shorts or capris come with extra buttons here is a way to keep them ready in case you need to use them. I always tape (or staple) the tag from a new clothing purchase to the extra buttons (buttons usually come in tiny baggies or attached to another tag). That way, I can find the buttons faster. If my Loft capris lost a button in the wash then I know to look for the Loft tag in my button stash. I usually write a note on the tag if there is room (like: pink checked skirt, etc.) A lot of times, the clothing tags have descriptions on them which make it even easier, for instance, they might say, "yellow flower pattern, size __". Wow, instant organization. This has proven to be helpful to me so many times, especially for my husband's dress shirts. Those buttons get broken all the time at the dry cleaners and I have to replace them often. It is so easy to look through my button stash and find the tag that corresponds to the shirt, thus making it very easy to find the perfect matching button (you'd be surprised how many different kinds of white buttons they put on men's dress shirts!). I just went shopping for the fam a week or so ago at Kohl's so I have been doing this as we are wearing new clothes... just wanted to share.

P.S. I did finish all my laundry (see "woe is me") and got everything ready for the showing, I was only up until 1:30! Let's hope they want to buy the house :)

No comments: