Friday, May 1, 2009

teacher appreciation

Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week so if you're out shopping this weekend, you might want to pick up a little sumpin' for those guys and gals who take care of your youngin's every day. I am totally copying my friend, Kristin's, idea of giving a box of Girl Scout cookies with a nice note. She was smart and ordered the "Thanks a lot" cookies (you know, being thankful and all), I wasn't thinking and got "Thin Mints." Anyway, I plan on also getting Zoe's teacher a flower bouquet. I was a teacher and I can tell you that gift cards, flowers, chocolate and hand written notes expressing gratitude are the most appreciated gifts. Please no cutesy wooden "best teacher" apples or ornaments, you have no idea how many of those a teacher receives over the course of his/her career, I mean how many of these can one woman display on her desk?! Just FYI.

No comments: