Wednesday, May 26, 2010

watchin' my weight Wednesday

Why, hello there first ice cream cone!

Nice to meet you!

I think I love you!
OK, so me and ice cream do not mix, I redeveloped my "milk allergy" after I had kids so things I love (like ice cream and lots of cheese) are off limits. I had an "allergy" when I was a baby, or so my mother says, I wonder if it was just plain old lactose intolerance, but I grew out of it and enjoyed milk and milk products my whole life and then I had Zoe. Whammo! Totally cannot eat a lot of dairy or I am sick as can be. It does suck to not be able to eat ice cream with my family, especially in the summer and on vacation but I have learned to enjoy other treats which in turn helps my waistline.

I discovered I love sorbet. It has no dairy and it is cold and yummy on hot days, most nicer ice cream stores have it so I can have a taste while everyone else enjoys their ice cream. I also dig smoothies which use yogurt and fruit and fruit juice. They have a lot of calories but yogurt uses less milk than ice cream so I can have a little. And those shaved iced things are the best, almost no calories and so good. And if I am really lucky, some ice cream parlors have chocolate treats which I of course love so I don't feel too deprived.

I do enjoy cheese, just very little. Sometimes I go overboard with this, because I flat out love cheese, definitely shows my midwestern upbringing! But my body is quick to remind me that I am a dunce for indulging. Having this "problem" isn't so bad, because it does force me to be conscious of my dairy intake, but I do so miss chunks of cheese, sniff sniff. So for now, I have to live vicariously through the kids and hubby as they scarf down cone after yummy cone.


Someday, Parker is going to ask me, did I ever smile in a picture? No matter how hard I try, he has to test me!!! Just one picture of all of them looking cute, is that too much to ask!?

No comments: