I really feel like I need a week vacation. Here is my ideal vacation right now: a week in my home, alone (well, the baby can stay!) to clean, reorganize, prioritize, purge, bake, take stock, just basically piddle around. (My mom always says that, "piddle around." I'm not sure what the exact definition is but I take it to mean, all that stuff I like to do but no one else would notice or care about.) I think I would be totally rejuvenated after a week of taking care of the house. Then I would want to hit the beach for a real vacation!
So since it is now Wednesday and I usually post my things to do on Monday, I'll just call it "things I am working on" this week.
things I am working on:
- getting out the next biggest size clothes for Tanner and Asher
- switching the kids' closets from warm clothes to cold clothes
- washing bed linens and getting out winter blankets, etc.
- taking stock of mittens, gloves, scarves, etc. What do I need to get?
- if time, purging from Zoe's closet, it is a jungle in there I tell ya! Scary.
um, really, not sure, kind of using some from last week, finding stuff in the freezer to use, flying by the seat of my pants, not a good scenario, but it is going to have to work this week
- I am for sure making my kale and gnocci recipe (kids will probably have spaghetti because they will not be liking this one), my kale is about to be icky so I am motivated to use it now
- Tacos (request)
- salmon and chicken tenders with sweet potato casserole
- chili and sub sandwiches
Not everything is all hectic, crazy, helter skelter... see