Friday, September 19, 2008

back to school algebra review

a couple algebra-ish equations for you since it is back to school time:

a full can of polyurethane +
a high shelf in the garage +
my desire to organize all the time +
the top of my head =
a really bad headache lasting for two days
(gravity is the common denominator here)


a blue M&M +
Parker's nose +
driving in the van +
a trip to the doctor to check for lost candy =
another really bad headache (mine) sure to last a few days
(not sure what the common denominator here is, maybe boredom? curiosity?)

Grading scale:
+1 point if one of these has ever happened to you
+2 if you tried to tell your giant husband that the shelf he installed was too high but he did it anyway (called "I told you so points")
-1 if you are a mommy and your kids are older and this never happened to you
-10 if you never bribe your kids in the car

Oh, who cares your grade is anyway, do we really need all that algebra we studied when we were 16 anyway? I give myself an "A" for effort.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I really hope your head is ok-ouch! Parker is a curious little critter isn't he.