Tuesday, September 2, 2008

first day of school

curly hair and pony tail and new messenger bagwill the bus ever come?
looking so cute on the first day
Well it was finally here. The day I have been dreading forever... the day Zoe went to kindergarten. I can't believe she is old enough to go. Wasn't she just born yesterday and we were up all night having slumber parties watching reruns of "Three's Company" while I tried to figure out a way to get her to sleep??? I have been crying myself to sleep every night visualizing her getting on the bus all alone. I am just not ready for her to go off on her own in the big, giant, cruel world! I cannot tell you how many worries I have had about this day and her transition to school (from preschool). There are too many to list. I know she is smart and well behaved, that has never been a concern, it's all the other stuff. Thankfully, all seemed to go well for her. She did not cry or seem the least bit worried (she has been crying for weeks about riding the bus). She picked out her outfit and gave me strict instructions on how to fix her hair (curled with a pony tail) and she wanted a hard boiled egg for breakfast. We had plenty of time to get ready and wait for the bus. As soon as the big yellow fellow pulled up to our house, she was all smiles. Parker cried because he wanted to go with her. I cried because she went. I am still in disbelief that this day has come. She has been telling me all the details of the day and really seems so happy. My baby is so big, I wish I could stop time for a while.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm glad her day went well. Big hugs! You are raising a wonderful girl and although there will be bumps in the road you will get through it.