Monday, September 29, 2008

edible playdoh

I made edible playdoh for the kids today and they loved it! Both of them played for a good long while and Zoe requested I give it to her teacher. I saw Kate do it on "Jon and Kate plus 8" and I have been wanting to make it for a while.

Ingredients:
3 cups powdered sugar
6 tbsps. baking cocoa
3/4 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup butter at room temperature (no substitutions)
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix and knead until desired consistency.

I ended up mixing it by hand as I found a spatula was not doing the trick. It kind of looks like a tootsie roll when it is all done.

I had a bowl of soapy water in the sink to wash hands (and Parker's feet- the boy is crazy I tell you) when they were done, they were digging this too, little weirdos!

I threw out whatever was leftover, not sure how it would keep in fridge? I figured it was worth the half hour or so of playing, I didn't have to save it. Have fun.

** I only made half of this recipe and it was plenty for two kids, I think making the whole recipe would be a lot of wasted stuff. **

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am trying this-thanks for sharing!