Tuesday, September 9, 2008

hangin' with my boy

Parker's big boy bed (I have replaced his initial pictures with ball ones since the photo was taken), don't you love the carnival Kiss picture Zoe won for him?! This bed, while I love it, has wrecked havoc at our home since Parker is not napping consistently, everything is totally topsy-turvy. Everyone is feeling the effects of a tired boy. Oh and we have to paint his room like yesterday, all those balls thrown against the walls have caused some major ugly spots. AND Daddy has been doing a lot of projects for me around the house using a pencil to mark measurements and placements so guess what else is decorating Parker's walls?! Yep, pencil stripes!
my little dude- one of my dreams was to have a boy who would wear baseball hats, not only does he like them, he wears them backwards a lot, sooooo.... cute, like my high school bad-boy boyfriend!
I went to my first MOPS meeting today (thanks to Kristin for inviting me) and I certainly feel refreshed after being around so many energetic and enthusiastic moms. When I went to pick up Parker from the babysitting room I could hear him screaming crying as I got closer to the door. Poor little guy was saying, "where my mommy, I want her." I could see his little head peeking over the top of the half door. When I picked him up he hugged me for dear life. His little arms were like glue. I just kept squeezing him and giving him kisses. Though I felt terrible that he was crying and so upset, I secretly relished all those hugs. I realized that was probably the first time he was "alone" without me or his big sister. Then I felt really bad. We went to Target to get the kids some umbrellas (darn if we don't need some waiting for the school bus) and he picked out an Incredible Hulk one so he was pretty excited after that. I have to admit that I am loving these special moments with Parker, just me and him, doing whatever. I know soon enough it will be baby insanity at my house. I am definitely taking time to enjoy our moments together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Parker's room looks great! I love the hunny do list, I just wish it could get down faster.

Unknown said...

Also, that MOPS group is great. I hope you enjoy it has much as I did and do. I can't live without MOPS:) Parker will adjust. Maddie was the same way and now I can't get her to leave.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Oh my gosh-I think I ruined your blog! I took my comments off because I spelled something wrong and it got all screwy-opps! Anyways, what I had wanted to say was Parker is a cutie tutie! His big bed looks super cozy. Wish I was at MOPS with you girls-refreshing for sure.