Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm spoiled

Look at all these goodies! Yep, they're all mine. Well actually some are for our baby but I'm claiming them. Sunday, after my three days of stomach flu trauma, I went to brunch for what I thought was some mommy time with my playgroup girls. Well, I walked in to see them all sitting there with my mom, my aunts, and my best buddy from college and a mound of gifts. Let me digress for just a second, I had just had "words" with my husband before leaving the house, nothing major, but when you are very pregnant, anything can set you off. So I was already crying when I walked in the door, still mad and all. When I saw everyone and realized what was happening, the floodgates opened again. After I collected myself, I thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon of gifts, food, and best of all, girl time. Wow, I can't remember the last time I felt overwhelmed by joy and love. I wish I could bottle up that feeling and keep it for future reference! Thank you to all those special ladies for treating me like a queen for a day. I am still feeling the high from it. I am blessed to have them all in my life and so thankful for such wonderful, caring friends.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is awesome Jenny-especially that they surprised you. Those are some sneaky girlfriends :) I can't believe you only have like 20 days left before your due date-what is this little peanut going to be? I'll be looking forward to that entry on your blog :) Wish I was there to celebrate with you and especially to give you a hug when you were balling your eyes out!

Murillo Family said...

Awww! How sweet! I wish I could have been there to hug you too, and to shower you with love of course. Great friend like these come along rarely-always treasure them.