Tuesday, November 25, 2008

OB update

37 weeks check-up
No way am I going to share my current weight, even if I knew what it was, which I don't since I stopped looking about three months ago. The nurse asked me all kinds of questions to add to my hospital chart making it seem really real, this is going to happen soon. I finally got "checked", you know, to see if I was dilated and strangely I was kind of excited. Maybe it's because they have changed my due date about 5 times and I really feel like I have no idea when this baby is going to make its grand debut... either way, my doctor said I wasn't even "a little bit" dilated. Shocking since I feel like he/she is coming like any day, wishful thinking I guess. I suppose my peewee is just chillin' in there, enjoying the warm, cozy space. I'll keep you updated... the one funny thing that happened is this: the nurse says, "please give us a urine sample." As all women know a trip to the OB/GYN isn't complete without the cup experience. I know this, I promise, I've done it like a million times, or at least it seems like it. So I write my name on the cup, get ready to "go" and I sit down and forget to collect the sample. Yep, I just sat there and held it while I pottied. I stand up, holding the cup, still, not even paying attention until I had to wash my hands. Then I realized I forgot and had to go out and humbly tell the nurse what I did. I asked her if that happens a lot, it's got to right?! She said, "no, not really." Gee thanks for not really trying to make me feel better. I'm going to chock that one up as my biggest pregnancy brain fart.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are making me laugh. If it makes you feel any better-that could have happened to me even when I wasn't preggers. I'm hoping your a 3 at your next visit :)