Wednesday, November 5, 2008

watching web news and making lists

I couldn't stay awake last night to watch the election returns, darn pregnancy... it was the first time that I can remember not knowing the results before I went to bed. I couldn't sleep and I wanted to get up several times to check the web for info but my exhaustion got the better of me. I have been crying so much this morning watching ABC News segments online. They have most of the highlights available for viewing. What a historic day for Americans. Can you believe our children are going to grow up not knowing that only white men have held our top political offices?! I was excited for either candidate to win, it was going to be so awesome either way. Regardless of what you wanted the outcome to be, you have to admit it is pretty exciting to be living history.

On a lighter note...
I think now is a good time to make a list of all the holiday stuff you want to do. Whether it be baking, visiting friends, caroling, special shopping, or other traditions, you should decide what you want to do and get out that calendar. Put those things on there before you get to booked up to squeeze anything else in. I have already decided on some baking days and I am looking for a day to shop with my best friend from college. These are things I don't want to miss just because we are busy. I am also going to schedule wrapping days and post office days so those things are left to the last minute. While having a new baby kind of limits my plans somewhat, I am still going to try to make a schedule I can stick with hopefully creating a less-stressful holiday season.

1 comment:

Murillo Family said...

I totally agree with you about making history! And about making the lists and filling in the calendar. You are also one who does NOT need Cruising Through the Holidays ;-) Can't wait to see some of your creative Christmas ideas! If you have any suggestions for a cute classroom gift for my preschool class to make for their parents-please e-mail me!!