Tuesday, November 18, 2008

teeny basket love

Merry Christmas to myself! I have talked about my love of Longaberger baskets often and that will probably never diminish. I just received my "tree trimming" basket in the mail. Isn't it the cutest thing ever?! After squealing with delight (seeing "Longaberger" on the return address label will do it every time) I ran inside and tore open the box. I don't think you can really see how big the box is compared to the contents... (minus the packing paper)
Look how cute! It is teeny, meant to hang on a tree. Ignore my hand, it looks like a giant man-hand right here, boy I need a manicure!Here is the basket all done up with its accessories. It is called the "Little Shopper." Don't you just love it!? I haven't bought too many baskets in the past few years (living on one income will do that to you) but I do try to get this one each year. They do look so adorable on my Christmas tree. I just love the whole experience of a new Longaberger, the smell of the stain on the basket, checking for the weaver's signature, putting in a liner and finding a proper place for display, just gets my heart racing. I'm such a geek.Here are some of my other tree trimmers. I love their petiteness. Not exactly practical but hey since I don't splurge on shoes anymore a girl's got to have a vice.

No comments: