Thursday, January 14, 2010

Evil Kenevil


Ooops, he did it again...

This boy kills me in more ways than I can list. A week ago I found him standing on our stair railing and then jumping off into the living room. Then later that night, he was doing front flips (in the air) on our couch. And then later still he was doing the Nestea plunge (I am so dating myself here- who remembers those commercials!?) on his bed just inches from the wooden head and foot boards. Do you think he hurt himself any of these times? No way, the boy is fearless and gifted in all physical ways. Now later on still, the same night, he is holding daddy's hand, standing by me in Tanner's room as I change the baby's diaper. He lets go of daddy's hand and kablamo! He falls and hits his head on the rocking chair. It's off to children's hospital we go for staples (this time). This makes his 6th trip to the ER for stitches/glue/staples. I swear we don't beat him. Every time he has an accident he is doing something "normal." None of the crazy stuff he does on a regular basis even gives him a scratch, but just standing there I guess is deadly. Whew, so a week later, staples are removed, he's healed and currently jumping off the couch (from the back of the cushions) onto our leather recliner. Never a dull moment around here.

No comments: