Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January Birthday parties and misc.


A little late in posting...

Two weekends ago, we had a joint January birthday party. We celebrated Tanner's, Zoe's, Paul's and my aunt's birthday. It was really fun. We had subs and snacks which was a nice menu because at the same time the Bengals (whodey!) were playing in their playoff game. All four birthday celebrators had a cake. I used the mini cake pans and decorated them myself. Nothing fancy, just simple and easy monograms. This was family fun at its finest.
Happy Birthday to you, and you, and you (where is my aunt Diane?! Am I ever going to get a photo of everyone at once!?)
Seven is so sweet!
This is about as messy as he got, he was not having anything to do with that cake. After that, I am not really sure he is mine! I mean, it's cake, and it's all yours! Dig in already.
Isn't that the cutest?
All four cakes plus a few extra cupcakes (I sent those home with people who had to leave early.)
I must say a special thank you to Zoe who so graciously agreed to share her birthday party, just as long as she gets to have a special "friend" party later. Always my diva!


menu plan Monday: (just a little late)
I also forgot to share my menu for this week, oops, the 3 day weekends always throw me off. Basically I am having a lot of simple suppers, using some leftovers and things in the freezer, nothing too exciting to note. I will say I made homemade yogurt parfaits last night. I used greek yogurt, raspberries, and granola. Oh my, they were so good. Everyone loved them. I have been wanting to make them forever but just never did, no real reason, just laziness. I am so glad I did, they were super easy. Now I never have to get one from McDonald's again. I did add just a pinch of sugar to the top (before adding granola) because the greek yogurt isn't as sweet as other kinds so I knew the kids would eat it that way.

Things to do this week:
Um, again, I am late but I hope to
  • finish laundry from last week (is this always on my list!?)
  • mail invitations to Zoe's tea party
  • finish my December scrapbook
  • finish all birthday thank you cards
  • take books and toys to consignment shops
watching my weight Wednesday:
now I am getting ridiculous... so behind...
I am hoping to start my running again this week. I was sick with the world's worst cold for two weeks and every time I ran, snot and phlegm were flying. I hope to weigh in next week at my Weight Watchers meeting, so I'll keep you posted. I am enjoying lots of salads and fruit from my recent trip to Whole Foods (that place is heaven!).

No comments: