Monday, November 15, 2010

the joy of boys and my Monday stuff

Ah, the joy of having boys.
I was a grumpy, cleaning madwoman this weekend in preparation for our open house on Sunday. (We got a new realtor, no more "for sale by owner", and she is all gung-ho about us having an open house, ugh, I hate those darn things, anyway.) I was in the middle of twenty things, you know dusting, mopping, decluttering, etc. when I had to take a potty break. I open the door and find this giant stick! At first I was a little startled because how often do you find a giant limb in your powder room? Then I just laughed. Seriously. Parker found this thing about two weeks ago and he calls it his "grim reaper" sword (I know, so creepy, the kid loves Scooby Doo). This was the first time the sword made it into the house. This is not however the first time pug butt has made it into one of my pictures. I mean, what the heck is he sniffing for in the bathroom?!? Jeez.

For more funny bathroom pictures showing stuff kids left behind visit Clover Lane. Her blog is awesome as most of you know but her bathroom pictures crack me up.


my things to do this week:
  • drop off fundraiser things to family in nearby town
  • take Parker to the dentist (oops, I had this for last week, but his appointment is this week, just looked at the calendar wrong- dentist and family live in the same town)
  • take my books to Half Price Books (didn't get this done last week)
  • weigh in at Weight Watchers (groan- not quite sure about this one)
  • make three cards and mail (two thank yous and a retirement)
  • get my coupons sorted, way behind on this

my menus for this week:
  • taco salads
  • some sort of spaghetti
  • chicken chili
  • jambalaya and bread
  • homemade pizzas
(Ok, so my menus are lame this week, feeling very uninspired to cook, I have not had much time to look for new recipes)





4 comments:

Kerri said...

What is it abot boys and sticks?! Whenever Brady is outside...he always finds a stick to carry around!
Brady does clinics and private lessons. Private lessons (around here) are 55-65.00 an hour. So we try and limit them to a couple a month. The clinics are fun (but he doesn't get a lot out of them anymore)...but tennis is such an individual sport. Drives me crazy that in clinics they hit once or twice and then go to the end of the line and WAIT. Anyway, if Parker really likes it and is a little further along than the rest of the group...you should try a private lesson. In Brady's private lesson...they work pretty hard.
So glad you get the sign! I tried to copy and paste the random.org number...but it wouldn't work.
Let me know which one you want!
ekbburns1@yahoo.com

Erin Deegan said...

ha! i think the stick looks quite stylish in the bathroom. the pug butt looks great too!

i think your menu looks great. yum... chicken jambalaya!

Jill said...

LOL, well you could hang some garland and ornaments on it for Christmas, lol. It's funny in our neighborhood it's all boys, except for my girls and they are always dragging sticks from the front of my yard into theirs for fort building, lol. That and catching crayfish in our little "stream" out front.

I would love your recipe from last week. You can email me at jill58972@gmail.com, Thanks so much!

By the way I like your baskets on your shelf too! Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Jess said...

What is ist about boys and sticks?? i am giggling now because that is the first thing that came to my mind and then i noticed Kerri wrote it!! Cooper is ALWAYS finding a stick and wanting to keep it...bring it in the car or bring it in the house....drives me bonkers!