Friday, November 19, 2010

preschool feast

Ok girlies, if you don't have one of these, put it on your Christmas wish list. My big tall mother in law gave me this one because she said she never used it. (Yes, she knows I call her that, big tall hubby's entire family is over 6 feet tall so I am like the midgit who hangs out with them. At their house, I have to climb on chairs to get things out of the cabinets and shelves. Seriously.I tell them I am like Jack in the Beanstalk among the family of giants. They think that is super funny. I especially love it when it is family picture time, "jenny, you get in front ok!" Yep, got it freakishly tall people!!!) Wowzers, it is so cool (or hot!).
Look it has cold packs or hot packs. I love these. I take them with me when I go to Whole Foods (it is far from my house) and they stay cold forever. The hot packs get warmed in the microwave, how rad is that!?
Parker's preschool had their family feast on Wednesday. I made fruit salad. Mmmm, not a piece of fruit was left. The raspberries were scrumptious.
Homemade mac n cheese, Emeril's recipe from the October issue of Everyday Food (one of my favorite magazines, you know I love Martha!!!) Oh my goodness, it was super good. I really think it will be yummier when I make it at home and don't have to transport it. Super hot and gooey. We only were asked to bring one dish to share but the day before the feast, Parker's poor teachers were begging people to bring more, I mean, some people are so crummy. Why couldn't they bring in something to share, who cares if you made it or bought it on the way to school? I felt so bad for them, I offered to bring two things. Ugh, some people just don't get it. I wanted Parker (and his classmates) to have a nice feast with their teachers, yeah, it was kind of a pain and I had to do some extra work but it was worth it. I actually heard parents saying, "I have so much going on, blah blah blah." Really irritated me. Jeez our kids are only in preschool once in their lives, let's make sure it is great. OK, enough ranting and raving.
This is the only picture I got from the feast. Parker and a couple boys from his class were really enjoying each others' company and I felt like the bad mom because my kid was running wild throughout the event. Oh well, he said he had fun and loved the turkey and the brownies. Tanner loved all the food. I don't think I ate anything, too busy chasing boys and wiping faces.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: