Friday, February 8, 2008

23 Layouts so far

A recent scrapbook layout, simple, cute, done!


I have been a scrapping maniac lately. I have been stealing 5 minutes here and there and everywhere in an effort to try and get "caught up." While I know that I will never officially be caught up in my scrapbooking, I would like to have more things completed so I can do some other fun projects I have floating around in my brain. (Not that I don't think scrapbooking is fun, it is definitely in my top 3 favorite things to do!) I am about two years behind in my family album which makes me cringe! I never thought I'd be that behind. In my defense, when we moved here to this house, I did not have an area just for me to work as I did in our old house. At first it was hard to find a spot to keep all my stuff and work. A year ago, I purchased a used desk, painted it, and since then I have been trying to get organized and back on track. It definitely helps to have a little space to call my own, my little piece of heaven. I just love to scrapbook and it is a great feeling to be getting so many layouts done. I love being able to document my family's life. I will add that my recent layouts have been VERY basic, mostly paper, stickers, and journaling. The only thing I have bought to complete them is adhesive (lots and lots of adhesive!). Since January 1st, I have completed 23 layouts! Woo hoo me! I made a month by month goal sheet for myself of all the scrapbooking projects I want to complete in the next year. If all goes well, I'll be sort-of caught up and working on some of my "fun" projects. "The Loot" is a page I made for Zoe's album, the pictures are from 2 years ago (ugh) but I like the layout: just paper, stickers, and one piece of ribbon. I mostly like it because it's done (and I think it's cute). I hope to keep this momentum going...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

6:40AM!!!! Oy! Super cute layout. I'm jealous of your 23 layouts, I just walk into my room, look around, smile and walk out :) Hopefully I'll be able to crank out some projects next weekend.